Anyone who has spent any time whatsoever perusing the contents of The Latinum Vault knows I am a fairly-consistent proponent of gloom, doom and general unhappiness. That being said, I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blog Award. This award comes from the delightful Afsaneh K.
As part of this festive process, I am constrained to provide you ten "surprising" facts about myself. So here goes with that:
Ten Surprising/Obscure/Unknown Facts About Me
1. I have sustained approximately 33 different broken bones in my life. (This does NOT count multiple breaks of the same bone)
2. I have a copy of Tolstoy's Anna Karenina that was given to me and signed by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
3. While touring Topkapi Palace in Istanbul, Turkey I saw the crossbow purported to have killed Richard the Lionhearted.
4. I graduated with honors from the Basic and Intermediate Russian language courses at the U.S. Military Defense Language Institute.
5. I declined a four-year scholarship to study Linguistics at Brigham Young University to join the U.S. Army instead.
6. I was thrown out of the Hog's Breath Inn in Carmel, CA by its owner, Clint Eastwood.
7. My three biggest guilty TV pleasures are: Deadliest Warrior, Pawn Stars & Top Chef (not necessarily in that order)
8. I once played Dungeons & Dragons in a campaign with Gary Gygax, the inventor of the game, as Dungeon Master.
9. I have two martial arts black belts. (Kendo & Tae Kwan Do)
10. While attending a Society For Creative Anachronisms event, I was summarily banished from an entire kingdom for "a grievous offense against The Crown".
Now, with who shall I share this prestigious award? I have decided upon as widespread and eclectic sampling of folks as possible
Lisa McCourt Hollar (@jezri1)
Meg McNulty (@charitygirlblog)
Wakefield Mahon (@WakefieldMahon)
Rebecca Clare Smith (@jocastalizzbeth)
Anna Meade (@ruanna3)
Al Boudreau (@threecifer)
Michael Hicks (@kreelanwarrior)
Siobhan Muir (@SiobhanMuir)
Michelle Franklin (@MrsDenAsaan)
Lorna Suzuki (@LornaSuzuki)
So, there you have it, a brief beam of sunshine from the most unexpected of sources. Kudos all!